Designed for surround channel duties in ultra-discreet home theatre systems or, when augmented by a subwoofer, as amain speaker in beautifully matched multi-channel or multi-room systems, SoundFrame 3 InWall gives custom installers a further opportunity to achieve the optimum balance of sound and design in any room.
On-wall and in-wall versions of the SoundFrame 3 incorporate a 100mm (4”) MMP II® bass /mid-range driver with a pivoting 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter, which can be directed at the listening area for improved detail and imaging. Tuned by FEA analysis to deliver a smooth, coherent, naturally rhythmic and size-defying sound, the driver pairing is housed in an acoustically damped and rigid all-MDF cabinet just 300mm (1ft) square and only 77mm deep.
SoundFrame’s in-wall design is quick and easy to install. The unit simply slides into the wall cavity and is secured on four pre-fixed corner brackets.
- Quick and easy installation
- Slender 77.5mm (3") cabinet depth
- Choice of luxury black or white lacquer frames or primed white for custom colours
- Bespoke grille cloth design option
- 2-way configuration: a pivoting 1 inch tweeter module with a 4 inch C-CAM® driver for a super-fast life-like response
- Ultra-discreet on-wall A/V / audio system, suitable for any interior
75Hz – 35kHz
1 x 4" C-CAM mid-range driver
1 x 1" pivoting tweeter
Power Handling (RMS)
Maximum SPL (each @1m)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
25 – 50W
Dimensions Inc Frame:(H x W x D)
301.5 x 301.5 x 77.5 mm
(117/8 x 117/8 x 31/16 inches)
Cut-out Dimensions: (H x W x D)
251 x 251 x 59.5 mm
(97/8 x 97/8 x 25/16 inches)
Depth from wall
18 mm (3/4 Inches)
3 Kg (6.6 lbs)
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi-Zone wire-less integrated stereo amplifier
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay®
- Airstream Direct enabled - Router free music
- USB input for charging and Wi-Fi set up.
- Simple connection to Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi sharing
- 2 x 50 Watts Power Output
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Comes complete with a dedicated wall bracket.
"This was captivating, even highly addictive listening!" - Julie Mullins, TAS, Dec. 2016
A closer look at Monitor Audio's tiny in-ceiling powerhouse speaker...
Two Shows... Two Countries... One Big Success