SoundFrame 2’s proportions are more akin to a longer centre-channel speaker for visual harmony with thin TVs or projection screens. It can also be used ‘in portrait’ to flank larger displays.
On-wall and in-wall versions employ a true 3-way full-range driver configuration featuring a pivoting Inverted Dual Concentric (IDC®) 4-inch mid-range/1-inch tweeter module and a 6.5-inch C-CAM® bass driver. The innovative IDC module is able to pivot in all directions allowing you direct crucial frequencies for greater detail, imaging and fidelity, while directing sound away from room boundaries. Conventional speakers do not possess this level of control. The drivers feature advancedRST® cone technology, developed by Monitor Audio for our flagship speakers. RST’s surface topology adds rigidity and strength but keeps the cone light and agile for a super-fast life-like response.
SoundFrame 1 and SoundFrame 2 models (on-wall and in-wall) may be fine-tuned to their environment with a high frequency ‘boost’ or ‘cut’, which will raise or lower levels by 3dB.
Keyhole fixings make on-wall installation easy and precise.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Slender 87mm (3.5") cabinet depth.
- Choice of luxury black or white lacquer frames or primed white for custom colours.
- Bespoke grille cloth design option.
- Two models: ‘centre' type and front/surround type.
- Full range true 3-way configuration: pivoting IDC® 100mm mid-range/25mm tweeter module, 6.5-inch C-CAM® bass driver with RST® cone for a super-fast life-like response.
- High frequency attenuation +- 3dB.
- Ultra-discreet on-wall A/V / audio system, suitable for any interior.
55Hz - 35KHz
Power handling (RMS)
Maximum SPL (each @1M)
Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
25 - 100 W
550Hz & 3.3KHz
1 x 165mm (6.5”) C-CAM® mid/bass driver with RST®II
1 x 102mm (4") IDC® mid-range driver with dual concentric 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Dimensions Inc Frame: (H x W x D)
790 x 240 x 87.5 mm
(31 1/8 x 9 7/16 x 3 7/16 inches)
Depth from wall
87.5 mm (3 7/16 Inches)
7.06 Kg (15.53 lbs)
SoundFrame Series Review
“SoundFrame is a flat speaker system designed to blend harmoniously with your décor, and thanks to the selection of fashionable grilles it really
will make a stunning addition to any room. But it’s more than a pretty face, delivering astonishingly smooth and powerful sound”
“Pretty they may be, but the style is backed up by stunning build quality.”
“Never mind comparing SoundFrame with other flatpanel speakers – these bad boys put many floorstanders to shame. Their sound quality is sensational, and leaves you wondering how they’re able to imbue movies with such an amazing sense of depth and authority given the slimness of the cabinets.”
“The SF1s and SF2s boast power in spades and achieve an awe-inspiring sense of scale with action sequences.”
“But what’s most impressive is how smooth it all sounds. Effects glide around the soundstage like butter on a hot knife, high frequencies never
grate (even the screech as the Elemental flings a car at a helicopter) and there’s a general fluidity and sophistication to the sound.”
“Add to that the rich and distinctive voice reproduction, insightful detail and silky music playback and you’ve got a real winner on your hands.”
- Danny Phillips, Trusted Reviews, October 2011
SoundFrame review by Trusted Reviews
"The same audio tech found in the company’s full-size speakers has been squeezed into these slender picture frame-sized enclosures, which means there should be plenty of substance behind the style."
"Pretty they may be, but the style is backed up by stunning build quality. Both the SF1 and SF2 are housed in a sealed box that measures just 87.5mm deep. Everything is amazingly solid and sturdy to the touch, making you feel like you’re getting your money’s worth."
SoundFrame SF2 Review
Custom Retailer has presented their 2010 Excite Awards to the best products available to the industry this year... and SoundFrame has won!
Winners were selected based on innovation, performance, solution oriented and customer satisfaction.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi-Zone wire-less integrated stereo amplifier
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay®
- Airstream Direct enabled - Router free music
- USB input for charging and Wi-Fi set up.
- Simple connection to Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi sharing
- 2 x 50 Watts Power Output
SoundFrame 2 In-Wall
- In-wall 3-way surround channel speaker
- Bespoke grille cloth design option
- 6 1/2” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver
- 4” C-CAM IDC® midrange driver
- High frequency attenuation
- Quick and easy installation
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
The PL300 II and Silver 8 have both received Recommended Components status from Stereophile Magazine...
A closer look at the newest product offerings to join the Monitor Audio family...
AudioControl and Monitor Audio confirm alliance...