SoundFrame 1 In-Wall
For the finest blend with décor and the latest ultra-thin wall-mounted TVs, the SoundFrame in-wall models offer an easy, elegant way to conceal the entire cabinet in a wall cavity. In technology and performance the SoundFrame 1 and SoundFrame 2 in-wall models are identical to their on-wall versions but achieve the ultimate flush-fitted look. Prefixed brackets and a redesigned surround facilitate the appearance of a hanging photo frame, which is possible only by mounting in-wall.
SoundFrame’s in-wall design is quick and easy to install. The unit simply slides into the wall cavity and is secured on four pre-fixed corner brackets.
- Supplied installation ready with pre-fixed brackets.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Choice of luxury black or white lacquer frames or primed white for custom colours.
- Bespoke grille cloth design option.
- Two models: ‘centre' type and front/surround type.
- Full range true 3-way configuration: pivoting IDC® 100mm mid-range/25mm tweeter module, 6.5-inch C-CAM® bass driver with RST® cone for a super-fast life-like response.
- High frequency attenuation +- 3dB.
- Ultra-discreet on-wall A/V / audio system, suitable for any interior.
55Hz - 35KHz
Power handling (RMS)
Maximum SPL (each @1M)
Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
25 - 100 W
550Hz & 3.3KHz
1 x 165mm (6.5”) C-CAM® mid/bass driver with RST®II
1 x 102mm (4") IDC® mid-range driver with dual concentric 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Dimensions Inc Frame: (H x W x D)
552 x 402 x 87.5 mm
(21 3/4 x 15 13/16 x 3 7/16 inches)
Cut-out Dimensions: (H x W x D)
500 x 350 x 75 mm
(1911/16 x 133/4 x 215/16)
Depth from wall
19 mm (3/4 Inches)
7.53 Kg (16.6 lbs)
SoundFrame Series Review
“SoundFrame is a flat speaker system designed to blend harmoniously with your décor, and thanks to the selection of fashionable grilles it really
will make a stunning addition to any room. But it’s more than a pretty face, delivering astonishingly smooth and powerful sound”
“Pretty they may be, but the style is backed up by stunning build quality.”
“Never mind comparing SoundFrame with other flatpanel speakers – these bad boys put many floorstanders to shame. Their sound quality is sensational, and leaves you wondering how they’re able to imbue movies with such an amazing sense of depth and authority given the slimness of the cabinets.”
“The SF1s and SF2s boast power in spades and achieve an awe-inspiring sense of scale with action sequences.”
“But what’s most impressive is how smooth it all sounds. Effects glide around the soundstage like butter on a hot knife, high frequencies never
grate (even the screech as the Elemental flings a car at a helicopter) and there’s a general fluidity and sophistication to the sound.”
“Add to that the rich and distinctive voice reproduction, insightful detail and silky music playback and you’ve got a real winner on your hands.”
- Danny Phillips, Trusted Reviews, October 2011
What Hi-Fi - SF1 Review
“Very impressive, and a good alternative to conventional cabinet speakers.”
“These are well-made, well-finished units.”
“They’ll surprise with the reach and agility of their bass, while their clever drive unit arrangement ensures that imaging, even when the speakers are some way above your seat, is excellent.”
“We can’t see any reason not to select the SoundFrame 1s. In any case, at the price they’re an attractive proposition.”
“Smooth, spacious sound; good weight; excellent build and finish; comparative value”
SoundFrame 1 What Hi-Fi? Review
"They'll surprise with the reach and agility of their bass, while their clever drive unit arrangement ensures that imaging, even when the speakers are some way above your seat, is excellent."
SoundFrame review by Trusted Reviews
"The same audio tech found in the company’s full-size speakers has been squeezed into these slender picture frame-sized enclosures, which means there should be plenty of substance behind the style."
"Pretty they may be, but the style is backed up by stunning build quality. Both the SF1 and SF2 are housed in a sealed box that measures just 87.5mm deep. Everything is amazingly solid and sturdy to the touch, making you feel like you’re getting your money’s worth."
SoundFrame SF1 Review
SoundFrame SF1 iW has been chosen by a panel of industry experts, integrators and the editors of CE Pro and Electronic House as an exclusive CE Pro Best Winner for 2010.
Winners were chosen based on creativity, innovation, incorporated equipment, aesthetics and lifestyle benefits.
SoundFrame SF1 Review
Custom Retailer has presented their 2010 Excite Awards to the best products available to the industry this year... and SoundFrame has won!
Winners were selected based on innovation, performance, solution oriented and customer satisfaction.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi-Zone wire-less integrated stereo amplifier
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay®
- Airstream Direct enabled - Router free music
- USB input for charging and Wi-Fi set up.
- Simple connection to Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi sharing
- 2 x 50 Watts Power Output
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Comes complete with a dedicated wall bracket.
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...