Enjoy the immersive quality of high performance home cinema with Sliver’s specialised surround speaker. The discreetly profiled angled baffle design of the new Silver FX incorporates a single front-mounted 6” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid driver and twin side-mounted C-CAM tweeters. It can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls and its dispersion characteristics changed at the flick of a switch for dipole or bi-pole operation.
- Flush to wall placement with recessed termination.
- Drivers match with other new Silver loudspeakers for consistent timbre.
- Dual mode di-pole/ bi-pole switch.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
60Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 6" RST® Bass/Mid driver
2 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeters
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth)
250 x 311 x 130 mm
(9 13/16 x 12 1/4 x 5 1/8 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Terminals)
250 x 311 x 143 mm
(9 13/16 x 12 1/4 x 5 5/8 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Grille & Terminals)
250 x 311 x 143 mm
(9 13/16 x 12 1/4 x 5 5/8 inch)
4.69 Kg (10.38 lb)
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that
“…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as:
"...a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
"It's talents start with superb build quality extending to a wide range of finishes, and end with sound quality that will worry most rivals."
"The complete Silver package is a deeply impressive performer."
"This is a top notch surround package for the money."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, or download a copy below.
Add a review
You might also like
- Dual tweeter configuration for use in di-pole or bi-pole mode.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Timbre-match with RS-CP in-ceiling/wall and Silver RS hi-fi speakers.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
- Silver Series AV system
- 2 x Silver 6
- 1 x Silver Centre
- 2 x Silver FX
- 1 x Silver W12
Take a closer look at Monitor Audio's all-weather speaker ranges...
SoundStage! Ultra gives the PL300 II a fantastic review and award...
"...a truly outstanding performance..." says Ed Selley of AVForums.com