The compact Silver Centre features twin 6” C-CAM® RST® bass/mid-range drivers in a familiar M-T-M array. The Silver Centre has been tuned to match the tonal character of its Silver range mates for a seamless front sound stage in multi-channel applications.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Two–way M-T-M configuration in a sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in cabinet or close to a wall.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Acoustically matched to silver speaker system for excellent imaging and timbre consistency.
2 Way (M-T-M)
45Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 6" RST® Bass/Mid driver
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth)
185 x 500 x 200 mm
(7 5/16 x 19 11/16 x 7 7/8 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Terminals)
185 x 500 x 223 mm
(7 5/16 x 19 11/16 x 8 3/4 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D)(Including Grille & Terminals)
185 x 500 x 235 mm
(7 5/16 x 19 11/16 x 9 1/4 inch)
9.6 Kg (21 lb 2 oz)
GOING ATMOS: Hands-on With Silver Series & CT-265IDC In-Ceiling Speakers
David Susilo of WifiHifi Magazine is no stranger to the Atmos experience, having 53 Atmos commercial theatres under his belt. After reviewing our Silver series system, complete with four CT-265IDC speakers for the Atmos channel, Susilo was undeniably impressed and went on to say that Monitor Audio's set of speakers "performed closer to a true Dolby Atmos commercial theatre setup than any others I've tried. And they do that without breaking the bank." More comments are below:
"With the IDC module installed, these speakers become true three-way designs, offering superior performance and flexibility over typical two-way or fixed angle speakers."
"With the in-ceiling speakers, the imaging was amazing and the speakers almost disappeared. However, when the thunder struck, I could clearly locate the source of the thunder, but still not the speaker itself."
"I felt like I'd been 'abducted' by the aliens"
"I almost forgot I was using in-ceiling speakers instead of Atmos-enabled speakers. Yes, the dispersion angle is that wide."
"The speakers were impressive overall - it turns out the 18-degree angling capability makes a whole lot of difference for an Atmos experience. The Silver series, and especially the CT-265IDC, truly create an amazing enveloping sound."
Silver 10 5.1 System Review
“Monitor’s impressive Silver series is a triumph, a treat to hear, and well worth seeking out for a serious audition.”
“Overall, the fit and finish of the speakers is impeccable.”
“With the W-12 in tow, the Silver 10s demonstrated that they could compete with the big boys.”
“The W-12 is clearly an audiophile-quality subwoofer, and more than satisfying on music.”
“...on well-recorded material (both music and movies—I never felt the need for the Integra’s THX Re-Eq on the latter), their sound was open and detailed, with an appealingly real sparkle and liveliness.”
“In conveying the movie’s extreme dynamics, natural dialogue, precise scene-to-scene ambience, and (most notably) astonishing score, the Silvers left nothing on the table."
“Even on quieter films, the Silvers left a positive vibe. Anonymous, a vastly underrated movie from 2011, consists mainly of clean dialogue punctuated by a sweet score that sneaks up on you. On the Silvers, it reminded me once again that a good surround system isn’t just for action.”
"Honestly, I couldn’t have wished for more from any system.”
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that
“…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as:
"...a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
"It's talents start with superb build quality extending to a wide range of finishes, and end with sound quality that will worry most rivals."
"The complete Silver package is a deeply impressive performer."
"This is a top notch surround package for the money."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, or download a copy below.
Add a review
You might also like
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- 6” bass and 6” bass/mid-range drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system for higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension.
- RST® cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Silver Series AV system
- 2 x Silver 6
- 1 x Silver Centre
- 2 x Silver FX
- 1 x Silver W12
- Flagship Compact Speaker
- 8" C-CAM Drivers
- Dual Orientation
- Dedicated Wall Bracket
- Luxurious die-cast alloy cabinet
- Dual HiVe®II front ports