The gorgeous wideband sound that distinguishes new Silver’s two-channel models is multiplied by the Silver 6AV12 system, designed to blend with your home but fill the space with pulsating fidelity every time you watch a movie. We’ve teamed the slender Silver 6 floor stander with the acoustically matched Silver Centre and dual-dispersion FX surrounds for an enveloping audio experience, featuring brilliant natural detail and dynamics, supported by a rich layer of deep bass potency from the awesome 500 watt Silver W12 subwoofer. Identical 6” C-CAM® RST drivers and C-CAM tweeters across the front and rear channels will bring the latest high definition soundtracks alive with such astonishing three-dimensional accuracy, you’ll willingly surrender your disbelief and relish a tangible sense of ‘being there’.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth
- Improved 6" bass driver with concave 'dished' C-CAM cone profile
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off
Silver floor stander with 6” C-CAM® RST® bass driver and 6” C-CAM RST bass/mid driver in a 2.5 way system configuration.
Dedicated centre speaker with twin 6” C-CAM RST bass/mid-range drivers in a familiar M-T-M array.
Wall mounted FX speaker with a single front-mounted 6” C-CAM RST bass/mid driver and twin side-mounted C-CAM tweeters.
Active subwoofer with 12” C-CAM cone driver and 500 watt DSP controlled amplifier.
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that
“…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as:
"...a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
"It's talents start with superb build quality extending to a wide range of finishes, and end with sound quality that will worry most rivals."
"The complete Silver package is a deeply impressive performer."
"This is a top notch surround package for the money."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, or download a copy below.
Add a review
You might also like
- C-CAM® Gold dome tweeter
- C-CAM® drivers
- RST dimpled cone geometry
- HiVe® II High Velocity reflex port
- Magnetic grilles with no visible fixings
- Rigid die-cast alloy cabinet
- Adds deep bass frequencies to architectural speaker systems
- Excels in a range of wall, ceiling, even floor locations
- Range consists of; Sub, Backbox and Amp
- Tri-Grip® clamping system
- Incredibly Discreet
- Wider retrofit possibilities without Backbox
- Dual tweeter configuration for use in di-pole or bi-pole mode.
- RST bass driver and C-CAM tweeters, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Timbre-match with GS, RS-CP, in-ceiling/wall and Gold Signature, Silver RS hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
Take a closer look at Monitor Audio's all-weather speaker ranges...
SoundStage! Ultra gives the PL300 II a fantastic review and award...
"...a truly outstanding performance..." says Ed Selley of AVForums.com