The Silver 6 incorporates a 6” C-CAM® RST® bass driver and 6” C-CAM RST bass/mid driver in a 2.5 way system configuration. The drivers are housed in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure design to provide differential tuning for higher efficiency and enhanced low frequency extension. Excellent dynamics combined with a naturally rhythmic sonic character and tight, controlled bass make the Silver 6 an outstanding communicator of music and film audio in medium to large rooms.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- 6” bass and 6” bass/mid-range drivers with concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system for higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension.
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
2 1/2 Way
35Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Dual Chamber, Bass reflex with differential tuning.
Twin HiVe®II port System
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 6" RST® Bass driver.
1 x 6" RST Bass/Mid driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals and Plinth)
885 x 185 x 240 mm
(34 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 9 7/16 inch)
External Dimensions: (Including Terminals) (H x W x D)
885 x 185 x 263 mm
(34 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 10 3/8 inch)
External Dimensions: (Including Grille & Terminals) (H x W x D)
885 x 185 x 275 mm
(34 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 10 13/16 inch)
External Dimensions: (Including Plinth & Feet) (H x W x D)
936 x 245 x 300 mm
(36 7/8 x 9 5/8 x 11 13/16 inch)
16.5 Kg (40 lb 8 oz)
GOING ATMOS: Hands-on With Silver Series & CT-265IDC In-Ceiling Speakers
David Susilo of WifiHifi Magazine is no stranger to the Atmos experience, having 53 Atmos commercial theatres under his belt. After reviewing our Silver series system, complete with four CT-265IDC speakers for the Atmos channel, Susilo was undeniably impressed and went on to say that Monitor Audio's set of speakers "performed closer to a true Dolby Atmos commercial theatre setup than any others I've tried. And they do that without breaking the bank." More comments are below:
"With the IDC module installed, these speakers become true three-way designs, offering superior performance and flexibility over typical two-way or fixed angle speakers."
"With the in-ceiling speakers, the imaging was amazing and the speakers almost disappeared. However, when the thunder struck, I could clearly locate the source of the thunder, but still not the speaker itself."
"I felt like I'd been 'abducted' by the aliens"
"I almost forgot I was using in-ceiling speakers instead of Atmos-enabled speakers. Yes, the dispersion angle is that wide."
"The speakers were impressive overall - it turns out the 18-degree angling capability makes a whole lot of difference for an Atmos experience. The Silver series, and especially the CT-265IDC, truly create an amazing enveloping sound."
Their Energy, Detail and Zing Will Wow You
FOR: Crisply attacking, straight-edged sound; superb driver integration; beautifully made.
"The new Silver range is a thorough reworking of the series it replaces."
"The Silver 6s immediately impress as compact, handsome and sturdy speakers... there's no arguing with the luxuriousness of these speakers' build."
"After a good 72 hours of initial use under their belts they deliver a vigorous, up-and-at-'em sound with a level of enthusiasm that borders on the relentless."
"...there's nothing to touch them where the entry into individual notes is concerned - a rare quality at any price. It makes for a well defined presentation too, with even pedestrian recordings given tangible momentum."
"Integration between the drivers, though, is absolutely first-rate. At the bottom of the frequency range the Silver 6s delve pretty deep and hit hard."
"No matter the type, quality or source of the recording offered, the Monitor Audio Silver 6s sink their teeth in and give it a damn good shaking. Nothing can touch them for crispness."
Silver 6 PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
The Silver 6 speaker celebrates great praise after a fantastic review, courtesy of Philip Beaudette from SoundStage Access. The Silver 6 not only received a SoundStage 'Reviewer's Choice' Award, but is also honored with the 2014 PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARD!
"Based on what I heard, I'd say that the bar for what one can expect from a speaker costing less than $2,000/pair has been raised."
“No other compact music system that I am aware of could capture the scale of this music so effortlessly, or so energize a listening room, as did these in mine.”
"Using a word like crisp to describe a speaker’s sound might seem to imply that that sound was bright. The S6 was not bright. The superb level of detail it uncovered was not the result of tipping up the high frequencies to draw attention to them in a way that one might mistakenly perceive as enhanced detail. Rather, it was the combination of several factors, including their solidly constructed cabinets and high-quality drivers, that gave the S6s excellent clarity and allowed them to possess such magnificent resolution."
"Rather than belch out loose, woolly bass in an effort to dig down a few more hertz, their low-end output fell off fairly quickly, leaving behind punchy, agile bass. Despite being of only modest size, they were able to create a big sound with more than enough power to energize my room. I never felt the need for a subwoofer or bigger speakers."
"...the drums sounded quick and incisive, propelling the track forward with a great sense of pace, rhythm, and timing."
"...the Silver 6 costs just one-third of the Argon3L’s price. That’s what makes the Monitor remarkable. While they aren’t sonically identical, both should appeal to listeners who value resolution, imaging, and transparency, and who also want a speaker that can rock out and sound effortless while doing so. That the Silver 6 did this for a fraction of the Argon3L’s price while coming very close to the Amphion’s level of performance I found incredible, and it makes the Monitor an amazing value."
"After living with them for a while, I can say that this British speaker is the perfect solution for someone who cares about good sound...”
High tech features make room-friendly 6AV12 system system "Unfailingly Enjoyable"
New Silver’s accomplished tech has impressed AVForums’ Ed Selley. Ed has lived with many larger systems, but what sets the 6AV12 apart even from more expensive rivals is the way it has weaved specialised features with a smaller footprint to deliver truly cinematic replay from a room-friendly design. Awarding a coveted ‘recommended’ badge, he concludes that
“…while it looks excellent, this is a package that delivers sonically too. The performance is exciting but easy to live with and the dedicated surround speakers and clever subwoofer setup software give these speakers a cinematic performance that is unfailingly enjoyable. If you want a speaker package that delivers on sound and aesthetics, this is a great place to start looking”.
"Stunning build quality."
Home Cinema Choice found the Silver 6 AV12 package to be 'Best Buy' worthy, as well as:
"...a highly impressive system offering top-drawer performance, elegant looks and stunning build quality. Monitor Audio's refined responsive sound works wonders for music, and with movies it delivers one of the most natural and immersive soundstages I've heard."
Silver 6AV12 earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title.
Esteemed reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Silver 6AV12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"We’re already big fans of Monitor Audio’s sound and Silver 6AV12 does nothing to diminish our admiration. It delivers a powerful yet highly polished performance with movies, easily hitting the level of quality you’d expect for the money."
Superb AV Package Shines
The March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision magazine features a First Test review of Silver 6AV12, where the 5.1 surround system impressed to the tune of five stars.
"It's talents start with superb build quality extending to a wide range of finishes, and end with sound quality that will worry most rivals."
"The complete Silver package is a deeply impressive performer."
"This is a top notch surround package for the money."
You can read the full review in the March 2014 issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision, or download a copy below.
I have just purchased a pair of piano black Silver 6 speakers. They offer exceptional sound quality across the spectrum, with solid bass, wide soundstage and clarity that will bring a new appreciation to long forgotten music. They will be with me until the new model is available.
Add a review
You might also like
- Multi-Zone wire-less integrated stereo amplifier
- Compatible with Apple AirPlay®
- Airstream Direct enabled - Router free music
- USB input for charging and Wi-Fi set up.
- Simple connection to Wi-Fi network using Wi-Fi sharing
- 2 x 50 Watts Power Output
- New C-CAM® gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Specially developed 4” mid-range driver with ‘under-hung’ voice coil and motor system. The voice coil remains in the magnetic gap ensuring very low distortion.
- Dual 6” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- RST® cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Three-way configuration allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better overall performance.
- New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- Silver Series AV system
- 2 x Silver 6
- 1 x Silver Centre
- 2 x Silver FX
- 1 x Silver W12