Silver 10 is a completely new model introduction, comprising a three-way configuration in a large floor-standing tower system. For Silver 10 the 4” C-CAM® RST® mid-range driver is flanked by two 8” C-CAM RST long-throw bass drivers. The acoustic design is similar to the Silver 8 but the enhanced driver size means that the 10 is equipped to energise the largest of rooms with naturally explicit wideband audio from music and film sources.
- Improved C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) gold dome tweeter design with damped rear chamber and innovative dome venting technique for improved clarity and wider operating bandwidth.
- Specially developed 4” mid-range driver with ‘under-hung’ voice coil and motor system. The voice coil remains in the magnetic gap ensuring very low distortion - better damping and improved mid-range clarity.
- Dual 8” bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile
- RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) cone profile, for improved diaphragm rigidity and reduced distortion.
- Three-way configuration allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better overall performance.
- Improved cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and reduced reflections.
- HiVe®II port technology delivers smoother airflow for better transient response and tighter bass.
- Single bolt through driver systems for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling.
- Pureflow® Silver plated OFC copper internal cabling.
- High quality crossovers with premium grade polypropylene film capacitors.
- Available in selected premium quality wood veneers or high gloss finishes.
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity and low cabinet colouration.
- Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when the grille is off.
- Terminal panel at floor level for easy cable connection.
30Hz - 35kHz
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
80 - 200W
Twin HiVe®II port System
MF/HF: 2.7 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 8" RST® Bass drivers.
1 x 4" RST Mid-range driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Excluding Grille, Terminals & Plinth)
1050 x 230 x 300 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 11 13/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Terminals)
1050 x 230 x 323 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 12 11/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Grille & Terminals)
1050 x 230 x 323 mm
(41 5/16 x 9 1/16 x 13 3/16 inch)
Product External Dimensions: (H x W x D) (Including Plinth & Feet)
1071 x 290 x 360 mm
(42 3/16 x 11 7/16 x 14 3/16 inch)
26.03 Kg (57 lb 4oz)
Silver 10 5.1 System Review
“Monitor’s impressive Silver series is a triumph, a treat to hear, and well worth seeking out for a serious audition.”
“Overall, the fit and finish of the speakers is impeccable.”
“With the W-12 in tow, the Silver 10s demonstrated that they could compete with the big boys.”
“The W-12 is clearly an audiophile-quality subwoofer, and more than satisfying on music.”
“...on well-recorded material (both music and movies—I never felt the need for the Integra’s THX Re-Eq on the latter), their sound was open and detailed, with an appealingly real sparkle and liveliness.”
“In conveying the movie’s extreme dynamics, natural dialogue, precise scene-to-scene ambience, and (most notably) astonishing score, the Silvers left nothing on the table."
“Even on quieter films, the Silvers left a positive vibe. Anonymous, a vastly underrated movie from 2011, consists mainly of clean dialogue punctuated by a sweet score that sneaks up on you. On the Silvers, it reminded me once again that a good surround system isn’t just for action.”
"Honestly, I couldn’t have wished for more from any system.”
Silver 10 TAS Review
"...the Silver 10s are more than just adequate; they are one of the best $2,500-and-under full-range floorstanders I've heard..."
"I listened to this song on repeat for almost 45 minutes after a day of listening and my ears weren't fatigued. Next came Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Texas Flood," which is another song that can be plenty fatiguing; even after the Lofgren torture test, SRV was as pleasing as ever."
"...great voicing, solid bass when properly spaced from the rear walls, an engaging soundstage, and a diverse ability to sound great with a wide range of music. Really, what more could you want from an affordable speaker?"
- Spencer Holbert, The Absolute Sound, December 2014
So Hot, they’re ‘Cool’!
Polish audio magazine ‘High Fidelity’ has fallen for the silky control offered by our new Silver 10s. Reviewer Wojciech Pacula is impressed by the speaker’s ‘cool’ ability to combine the consistency of expensive stand-mount speakers with the scale of a floor stander, so much so that the 10s have joined the mag’s ‘Best Product 2013’ list. He says “with the Silver 10 we get a smooth, delicate, large-scale sound with a flourish and powerful bass. You do not need expensive electronics to get them to sound really great! You just need to ensure that power is sufficient. If so, it’s hard to imagine a system in which Silver 10 ever sounds uncontrolled or uncool - on the contrary "coolness" is their trademark.”
(Translated from Polish.)
Add a review
You might also like
- Ultra long throw 12” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM® cone.
- Triple suspended driver for ultimate linearity, ensuring control at high power and long excursions.
- Oversized black anodized 3” driver voice coil provides high power handling and low distortion.
- Powerful 500 watt RMS Class-D amplifier ensures instantaneous high current delivery.
- DSP processing with driver optimisation and crossover performed digitally.
- Monitor Audio developed Automatic Position Correction® (APC) optimises response for room acoustics.
- Pivoting IDC C-CAM gold dome tweeter.
- Pivoting module consisting of IDC midrange driver and C-CAM gold dome tweeter.
- C-CAM bass driver featuring Rigid Surface Technology (RST).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3dB).
- Midrange frequency level adjustment.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
The Bronze 5.1 system wins prestigious EISA Award for BEST VALUE HT SPEAKER SYSTEM 2016-2017!
"...the Monitor Audio Gold 300s are highly recommended for a long look and listen."
Monitor Audio Facebook and Twitter pages have been created specifically for USA and Canada