Radius Floor Stand
Built specifically for the Radius 45, 90, or 180 speakers, this beautiful floor stand comes fully assembled and internally wired with speaker terminals located at the back of the stand’s integral plinth. Simply remove the “bracket screws” on the back of the Radius 45, 90, or 180, and “dock” the top of the stand with the speaker’s terminals. Two long screws are provided to secure the speaker to the stand. When the Radius 90 is used with the Radius Floor Stand, the total height is 45-inches and when the Radius 180 is used, the total height is 48-inches. This means the stand is tall enough to position the speaker above the back of the couch for surround applications. The Radius Floor Stand is packed in pairs and available in Black or Silver finishes.
Radius Table Stand
The Radius Tabletop Stand elevates the Radius 225 or 250 speakers 4-inches above the cabinet for better sonic and cosmetic integration. To install the stand you simply remove the integral wall-mount brackets on the back of the Radius 225 or 250, replace the bottom bracket with the stand, and replace the top bracket with a nicely tooled chrome plate. The Radius Table stand is packed in pairs and available in Black or Silver finishes.
- Stands at the perfect listening height
- The Radius stand is constructed using ARC® material, which acts to dampen vibrations, so you hear only the speaker.
- High quality pure-copper cable runs internally from terminals at the floor to terminal forks at the top
25 Hz - 180 Hz
System Power Output
HiVe®II technology, rear ported bass reflex
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 8” (203 mm) Ultra longthrow sub bass driver. Hand treated paper cone woofer
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
455 mm x 225 mm x 480 mm
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
17 15/16 inch x 8 7/8 inch x 18 7/8 inch
20.1 Kg (44 1/5 lb)
Latest Radius Gets a Perfect 10
Designer sat/sub speaker systems come and go, but one just keeps getting better. Back in the 90s Monitor Audio’s Radius showed the industry how to blend high performance and glossy good looks with rooms of any size, shape and colour. The latest Radius evolution burnishes a peerless reputation with even better sound and aesthetics as Danny Philips discovered when testing the new R90HT1 system for Trusted Reviews.
As a former ‘What Video’ editor and an experienced freelance tech journalist, Danny’s qualified to place the R90HT1 at the very top of the pecking order with a perfect 10/10 score and a coveted ‘Editor’s Choice’ badge. Citing a big soundstage from small speakers, superb detail and dialogue clarity and gorgeous build quality and design, he says “it’s beautifully made, offers powerful, polished sound quality and looks stunning – pretty much everything we look for in a speaker system. If you have the cash, it’s worth every penny… If you’re looking for a speaker system on a £1,500 budget then stick the R90HT1 on your shopping list pronto. We’ve heard some pretty special speaker systems of late, including the Quad L-ite Plus and the Cambridge Audio Aero, but the Radius trumps them all”.
New Radius launches with five stars
The next generation of Radius has arrived, complete with new models, greater versatility and higher, wider, deeper sound. The eight-strong model line-up includes still slimmer versions of the 225 centre speaker and Radius One soundbar, together with a new Radius 200 centre-channel for shelf or rack mounting, and two enormously powerful yet super-compact active subwoofers: Radius 380 and 390.
And the re-energised line-up has already shown its quality by collecting five glorious stars from What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine. In its October 13 issue, the UK’s most dynamic forum for high value AV performance is suitably awed by the new Radius R90 HT1 package, starring the refreshed 90s, new 200 centre and bass-bulging R390 sub. It says “if you yearn for a discrete 5.1 set-up, this should be on your radar, because it’s a remarkable success…integration between fronts, rears and the sub is seamless. The surround field is gapless, effects flow between channels effortlessly and you’re immersed in the action…it (the 390) displays a potent combination of precision and weight with no fear of bottoming out or losing its grip”.
Living with great audio has never been easier.
Add a review
You might also like
- 3" MMP®II Driver. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius series being designed and voiced individually.
- 3/4" gold C-CAM® tweeter, rear-firing to enhance sound dispersion characteristics
- Single through-bolt driver fixing. Provides mechanical de-coupling properties resulting in enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. Through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Single point ¼"x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
- Superb Compact AV Package
- 4 x Radius 90 speakers
- 1 x Radius 200 centre
- 1 x Radius 390 subwoofer
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
Take a closer look at Monitor Audio's all-weather speaker ranges...
SoundStage! Ultra gives the PL300 II a fantastic review and award...
"...a truly outstanding performance..." says Ed Selley of AVForums.com