The Radius R90HT1 system comprises of four Radius 90 satellites, a Radius 200 centre channel speaker and a Radius 390 subwoofer. The R90HT1 gives you luxury lifestyle design, easy-to-install versatility, exceptional room-friendly aesthetics and the immersive audio quality that all home cinema enthusiasts crave.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass drivers
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeters
- HiVe®II port design
- Single through-bolt driver fixings
- Radius 90: Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Radius 90: Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system
- Radius 200: New Dual C-CAM® bass drivers with C-CAM tweeter in MTM style configuration
- Radius 390: 18mm MDF cabinet construction with internal bracing
- Radius 390: Cool-running 220W Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Radius 390: Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Radius 390: Low pass filter switch – for LFE or Stereo input selection
- Radius 390: Power switch with ON – Auto- Off/ trigger settings
- Radius 390: 3 x Pre-set EQ settings – Music/Movie/Impact
AV Tech Media Awards 2014/2015: Radius R90HT1
Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice have teamed up for the AV Tech Media Awards 2014/2015, naming Monitor Audio the winner in two categories!
Radius R90HT1, our super compact AV system won "Best Compact Speaker System". "This system mixes both eager dynamism and impressive scale with poise and insight."
Read more in the AV Tech Media Awards supplement included with the Awards issues of Hi-Fi News, Hi-Fi Choice and Home Cinema Choice.
2014 Accolade Caps another Great Year for Mighty Radius
The stunning verdict in the ‘Best Style Package £1400-£1800’ category means that if you’re upgrading your home theatre sound with this kind of budget, you can’t buy better than the five-star Radius R90HT1 system! Seduced by the ‘punch and precision’ of our stylish space-saving compact, the review reads “the surround field is like an airtight unit, with effects flowing smoothly and consistently between each channel…with price, performance and practicality on its side, the Radius ticks all the boxes.”
"One of the best compact 5.1 systems money can buy? Certainly."
The Radius R90HT1 speaker package achieved a Best Buy award and review In the latest issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine. Danny Phillips provides an in-depth account of his experience with our system:
"Whether pounding out the funky basslines of an Earth Wind and Fire track or teasing the darkly mellifluous tones of Gretchen Parlato's Henya, the R90HT1 demonstrates outstanding timing, agility and detail retrieval."
"Seamless, coherent soundstage; wonderful detail reproduction; superb bass grip and slam; stunning design."
Read the full review in the February 2014 issue of Home Cinema Choice magazine.
Best Style Speaker Package 2013
As the ‘Best style package £1400-£1800’, the R90HT1 “sounds wonderfully cohesive and entertaining – it’s up there with the very best at this price.” The 2013 award joins a cluster of accolades for the ground-breaking Radius line. Exemplified by the R90HT1, the latest Radius evolution is “a brilliantly balanced and multi-talented all-rounder.”
Latest Radius Gets a Perfect 10
Designer sat/sub speaker systems come and go, but one just keeps getting better. Back in the 90s Monitor Audio’s Radius showed the industry how to blend high performance and glossy good looks with rooms of any size, shape and colour. The latest Radius evolution burnishes a peerless reputation with even better sound and aesthetics as Danny Philips discovered when testing the new R90HT1 system for Trusted Reviews.
As a former ‘What Video’ editor and an experienced freelance tech journalist, Danny’s qualified to place the R90HT1 at the very top of the pecking order with a perfect 10/10 score and a coveted ‘Editor’s Choice’ badge. Citing a big soundstage from small speakers, superb detail and dialogue clarity and gorgeous build quality and design, he says “it’s beautifully made, offers powerful, polished sound quality and looks stunning – pretty much everything we look for in a speaker system. If you have the cash, it’s worth every penny… If you’re looking for a speaker system on a £1,500 budget then stick the R90HT1 on your shopping list pronto. We’ve heard some pretty special speaker systems of late, including the Quad L-ite Plus and the Cambridge Audio Aero, but the Radius trumps them all”.
New Radius launches with five stars
The next generation of Radius has arrived, complete with new models, greater versatility and higher, wider, deeper sound. The eight-strong model line-up includes still slimmer versions of the 225 centre speaker and Radius One soundbar, together with a new Radius 200 centre-channel for shelf or rack mounting, and two enormously powerful yet super-compact active subwoofers: Radius 380 and 390.
And the re-energised line-up has already shown its quality by collecting five glorious stars from What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision magazine. In its October 13 issue, the UK’s most dynamic forum for high value AV performance is suitably awed by the new Radius R90 HT1 package, starring the refreshed 90s, new 200 centre and bass-bulging R390 sub. It says “if you yearn for a discrete 5.1 set-up, this should be on your radar, because it’s a remarkable success…integration between fronts, rears and the sub is seamless. The surround field is gapless, effects flow between channels effortlessly and you’re immersed in the action…it (the 390) displays a potent combination of precision and weight with no fear of bottoming out or losing its grip”.
Living with great audio has never been easier.
Add a review
You might also like
- Dedicated stand for Radius 45 and Radius 90
- Available in black or white
- Constructed using ARC® material
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket
- Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat ‘sandwich’ cone technology
- High quality gold plated ‘push’ type terminal – for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance
- 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former –Improves convection cooling effects
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front and rear ported reflex design
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...