The ultra-compact S25 is designed for front or rear channel duties in a compact home theatre system. It features a single 4" RDT (Rigid Diaphragm Technology) bass/mid-range driver and 25mm C-CAM dome tweeter in a sealed enclosure. The S25 is supplied with its own metal desk-top stand as an alternative to wall mounting.
- Ultra-slim depth of just 40mm (1½") complements the slimmest TV screens
- Designed and tuned to provide optimum sound quality when flush wall mounted
- Black anodised aluminium finish for excellent aesthetic results
- Easy installation: flat to wall fixings, invisible cable entry/connection and a removable magnetic grille make installation simple and seamless
- A single alloy extrusion provides a slender profile, maximises the internal cabinet volume and offers high rigidity to suppress resonance
- A specially developed 25mm C-CAM® tweeter features a unique venting and rear loading chamber for low resonance and clean pure sound down to the low frequency crossover point
- 4" low profile bass-midrange drivers feature a flat RDT® sandwich diaphragm constructed from C-CAM® and Rohacell materials
- Unique 'floating' driver mounting reduces colouration: the drivers bolt to the rear of the cabinet and are de-coupled from the baffle at the front in an airtight neoprene seal
- A special 'concertina' driver suspension design provides high excursion from a low profile assembly
- Supplied with a metal desk-top stand.
100Hz – 30kHz
1 x 4" flat diaphragm mid-bass driver
1 x 25mm C-CAM® tweeter
with vented loading system
Maximum SPL (each @1M)
Power Handling With amplifier crossover set to
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
Recommended H.P crossover frequency
Overall Dimensions (H x W x D)
300 x 156.6 x 40 mm
11¾ x 6 3/16 x 1½ Inches
1.68kg (3lb, 11oz)
Slim speakers that can rock out without dominating your room's décor!
"The Shadows sounded really clean at a moderate volume, so I decided to keep turning up the volume un-til the distortion became uncomfortable. Up and up the level climbed, but the distortion didn’t appear. Eventu-ally, I ran out of ammo... my SPL meter reading 106 dB from my listening chair. Yet the Shadows still sounded clear and dynamic."
"I couldn’t believe how spacious the sound was. Not only did I get up and go over to the left surround to make sure it wasn’t on, I actually pressed my ear up to it, unable to accept that I was getting such spacious sound from a pair of on-walls."
- Excellent volume output for their size.
- Sleek, décor friendly desig
VERDICT: A super-slim set of on-wall speakers that plays loud, clean, and clear.
Excite Award Winner
Each year, CustomRetailer magazine invites nominations of products that stand out for being innovative, high-performing and solutions-oriented for the custom installation professional. This year's winners stood out as particularly impressive, considering the unique challenges custom installers face every day on the job. The impact these products have on the industry is felt in the installers' productivity, the dealers' profitability, the clients' satisfaction and the industry's vitality.
Congratulations to Monitor Audio's Shadow Series.
Shadow with Substance
They’re great to look at, but there’s so much more to our super-skinny Shadow on-wall speakers than meets the eye. We’ve taken our best audio technologies and optimised their performance for the demands of the slimmest cabinets. This means that even though the wall-hugging Shadow speakers are a mere 40mm in depth, they generate the full frequency sound of a much larger design. Our confidence is confirmed by the latest review, from Sound and Vision magazine, which says that the Shadows play ‘loud, clean and clear’, with ‘excellent volume output for their size’, concluding that ‘the Monitor Audio Shadow series speakers play really loud and sound really good. Yeah, on-walls are still a compromise, but when you hear these, I think you’ll agree that the compromise is minimal.’
Add a review
"...a truly outstanding performance..." says Ed Selley of AVForums.com
The PL300 II and Silver 8 have both received Recommended Components status from Stereophile Magazine...
A closer look at the newest product offerings to join the Monitor Audio family...