If you can trade a little space for more bass, the slightly larger,
more versatile Radius 180 offers the same irresistible blend of virtues
as the R90, but can be installed vertically as a main, side or rear
speaker, or horizontally as a center channel speaker in a multi-channel
music or movie system.
Its enhanced bass performance makes it the perfect choice as a standalone speaker where a subwoofer isn’t required. Combined with a Radius subwoofer however, the R180 forms part of a formidably powerful stereo or multi-channel home cinema system.
As with the R90, the R180 is supplied with a high quality die-cast metal wall bracket and both black and silver grilles. The elegant and optional Radius floor-stand provides further positional flexibility.
- Unique drivers designed and tooled for Radius. The new cast bass-mid chassis is made from high-tech glass loaded engineering polymer that provides better damping than metal and increased overall strength.
- 4" MMP®II. Monitor Audio's second generation Metal Matrix Polymer cone material now uses a high-pressure injection moulding process to achieve different thicknesses at desired points of the cone geometry for greater stiffness and consistency resulting in superior bass and clearer mid-range frequencies.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or video displays.
- High quality crossover uses high grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Sealed cabinet design with rigid MDF construction throughout.
- Smooth radius edges reduce diffraction effects for better imaging.
- Front ported design (180).
- Perforated metal grilles supplied in both black and silver to match individual decor or taste.
- Specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket system (supplied) provides 20 degrees of vertical and horizontal pivoting for easy positioning.
60 Hz - 25 KHz
Power Handling Single: (RMS)
System Power Handling: (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
10 - 100
Front Ported Bass Reflex
Drive Unit Compliment
1 x 101 mm (4") MMP®II (Next generation Metal Matrix Polymer)
1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM® gold gome
External Dimensions: (H x W x D)
350 x 120 x 95 mm
13 3/4 x 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch
2.3 Kg (5 lb)
Add a review
A very busy and very productive show for Kevro and Monitor Audio...
What to expect from the upcoming show in January 2017...
The Gold 300 has been included in The Absolute Sound's 2017 Buyer's Guide for Floorstanding Loudspeakers.