The R270HD is a super-slim floor-standing loudspeaker designed for genuine full-range performance in a serious music system or multichannel audio/video system. Excellent fidelity from twin 100mm (4”) MMP®II mid/bass drivers and a 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter, coupled with a svelte profile provides the opportunity to enjoy great sound and discreet design all in one package. A choice of luxury real-wood or lacquer finishes supplies a lustrous appeal, giving the R270HD a tactile sense of quality that feels at home anywhere.
- 2 x 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Terminals are located on the plinth for ease of cable management and routing.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front and rear ported reflex design.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- Mass loaded cabinet lower section (factory filled) provides better stability and bass damping.
- Taller cabinets – for better imaging and cosmetic appearance.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
48 Hz - 35 KHz
Power Handling Single (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
20 - 150 W
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Front and rear ported
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone bass/mid driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D): mm (inches)
1000 x 125 x 140 mm
(39 3/8 x 4 15/16 x 5 1/2)
Weight (each): Kg (lbs)
10.2 (22 1/2)
Radius HD 5.1 System Review
“The degree to which the slender R270HD towers and compact sub opened up my room was astonishing. I saw portions of my walls I haven’t seen in two years.”
“I was immediately struck by the clarity and crispness of the Radius HD’s tweeters. Delicate high frequency sounds like the glass breaking as the Comedian goes through the window in the opening scene and the water rushing off Nite Owl’s Owlship were extremely detailed, without being overbearing, sharp or piercing.”
“The R225HD centre channel in particular impressed me, delivering true, natural sounding dialogue, without any of the characters sounding boxed-in or tinny.”
“…very even, consistent sound field, with panning sounds being extremely consistent and not changing in tone as they moved around the room.”
“The level of detail the Radius HDs displayed, especially in the high frequencies, really brought the award-winning mix of music and effects present in this album to life.”
“…if I had been wearing a blindfold during testing, not once in a million years would I have guessed that these speakers were as small as they actually were. I found their performance to be impressive both with music and film.”
Add a review
Monitor Audio Facebook and Twitter pages have been created specifically for USA and Canada
David Susilo writes a fantastic review on Monitor Audio's full-size luxury in-wall speaker...
"This is a 2-way with both power and control, and without exaggeration, sounds life-like."