The elegant R250HD has been designed to be sited vertically or horizontally with larger 50 and 60-inch LCD and plasma displays. Providing bass right down to 50 Hz, it can be used as a centre, main, side or rear speaker in a multi-channel music or movie system. At just 105mm (4 1/4”) deep and in a choice of luxury black, white or silver lacquers, its suitability for flat screen applications or where space is at a premium is beyond dispute. The R250HD employs the R225HD’s driver configuration in a longer cabinet and extra port providing the enhanced bass performance that makes it a desirable space efficient hi-fi satellite for any room.
- Wall mounted system for use with LCD/Plasma displays.
- 2 x 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- D’Appolitto driver array provides good dispersion and fantastic mid-band clarity and presence.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front-ported reflex design.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- ARC® front baffle (Anti-Resonance Composite). Originally developed for our high-end Platinum series, ARC is a cast thermo-set polymer loaded with minerals to provide very inert, optimally damped components. It is ideal for high-end acoustic applications where a high degree of structural rigidity and vibration damping is required.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
- A specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket is supplied, providing easy install and adjustment for wall positioning.
- Full length oval perforated grilles supplied in black and silver can be customised to suit individual décor and taste.
50 Hz - 35 KHz
Power Handling Single (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
20 - 150 W
Maximum SPL (dBA)
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone mid-bass driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D): mm (inches)
760 x 125 x 105 mm
(29 15/16 x 4 15/16 x 4 1/8)
Weight (each): Kg (lbs)
5.2 (11 1/2)
Radius HD 5.1 System Review
“The degree to which the slender R270HD towers and compact sub opened up my room was astonishing. I saw portions of my walls I haven’t seen in two years.”
“I was immediately struck by the clarity and crispness of the Radius HD’s tweeters. Delicate high frequency sounds like the glass breaking as the Comedian goes through the window in the opening scene and the water rushing off Nite Owl’s Owlship were extremely detailed, without being overbearing, sharp or piercing.”
“The R225HD centre channel in particular impressed me, delivering true, natural sounding dialogue, without any of the characters sounding boxed-in or tinny.”
“…very even, consistent sound field, with panning sounds being extremely consistent and not changing in tone as they moved around the room.”
“The level of detail the Radius HDs displayed, especially in the high frequencies, really brought the award-winning mix of music and effects present in this album to life.”
“…if I had been wearing a blindfold during testing, not once in a million years would I have guessed that these speakers were as small as they actually were. I found their performance to be impressive both with music and film.”
Add a review
Monitor Audio Facebook and Twitter pages have been created specifically for USA and Canada
David Susilo writes a fantastic review on Monitor Audio's full-size luxury in-wall speaker...
"This is a 2-way with both power and control, and without exaggeration, sounds life-like."