R one HD
The Radius one HD is a design completely new to Radius. Inspired by the popularity of single box surround sound solutions, Radius one HD gives the format the Monitor Audio treatment. Enhanced by the luxury curves and finishes, proportions and performance of RadiusHD, Radius one HD integrates left, centre and right channels in one cabinet. Each channel has a dedicated braced compartment and individually specified crossovers. The centre channel section houses twin 100mm (4”) MMP®II mid/bass drivers and a 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter. The left and right channel sections house single 100mm (4”) MMP®II drivers and 25mm (1”) C-CAM® gold dome tweeters.
- Wall mounted system for use with LCD/Plasma displays.
- 4 x 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 3" Gold C-CAM® tweeters provide extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- D’Appolitto driver array provides good dispersion and fantastic mid-band clarity and presence.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Rear-ported reflex design.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- ARC® front baffle (Anti-Resonance Composite). Originally developed for our high-end Platinum series, ARC is a cast thermo-set polymer loaded with minerals to provide very inert, optimally damped components. It is ideal for high-end acoustic applications where a high degree of structural rigidity and vibration damping is required.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
- A specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket is supplied, providing easy install and adjustment for wall positioning.
C: 55 Hz - 35 KHz
L/R: 85Hz - 35KHz
C: 90 dB
C: 8 Ohms
L/R: 8 Ohms
Power Handling Single (RMS)
C: 100 W
L/R: 60 W
System Power Handling (RMS)
C: 150 W
L/R: 100 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
C: 20 - 150 W
L/R: 10 - 100 W
Maximum SPL (dBA)
C: Bass reflex - front ported
L/R: Bass reflex - ported to the underside
Drive Unit Complement
4 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone bass/mid driver.
3 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D): mm (inches)
125 x 1010 x 105 mm
(4 15/16 x 38 5/8 x 4 1/8)
Weight (each): Kg (lbs)
8 (17 5/8)
R one HD
T3.com: R-One-HD Review
“Despite it doing the work of three home cinema speakers, this speaker-excels… we were able to discern impressive separation in a multichannel mix.”
“…the accuracy of treble detailing and a wide mid-range allows a lot of detail through… this beautifully built speaker is worth considering… An awesomely high build quality and peerless audio.”
• Build quality
• Saves on speaker clutter
• Ideal for home cinemas
R one HD
T3.com Radius R one HD review
The Gadget Guru's at T3.com have listened in on the Radius R one HD and here's a snippet of what they had to say...
"Designed simply for those simply wanting to reduce the number of speakers in either a 5.1 or 2.1 set-up, the R one HD is not your average soundbar."
"Surround sound can only be gotten from adding rear speakers (such as the matching R45HD rear bookshelf speakers, £190 per pair), and our sample also came with an active, wired Radius 370HD subwoofer. Fitted with three-inch Gold C-CAM dome tweeters and four Metal Matrix Polymer driver cones, the R one HD can be wall-mounted using fixings in the box."
"Despite it doing the work of three home cinema speakers, this speaker-excels. It won't impress as much in over-large home cinema, of course, but in our medium-sized test room (about 15x15ft) we were able to discern impressive separation in a multichannel mix."
Read the full review now on T3.com here.
R one HD
Add a review