The W180 is a compact in-wall speaker featuring an 8” MMP®II bass driver and C-CAM® tweeter for use in stereo for music, or in multiples for home theatre. As part of the 100 Series of architectural speakers, it is easy to install and offers the biggest bass driver size of any speaker in its class, providing a convincing full-range sound in a wide range of locations.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM® tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/-3dB).
- Timbre-match with BR-CP, Radius-CP, Climate 10 and Bronze BR and Radius Series hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is non magnetic and lighter in weight.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
50 Hz - 25 kHz
Maximum SPL (Single unit in free space)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amp Requirements
10 - 120 W
1 x 8” MMP®II cone bass driver
1 x 1” C-CAM® Pivoting gold dome tweeter
Overall Dimensions: (H x W)
423 mm x 270 mm
(16 5/8 inch x 10 5/8 inch)
(4 1/16 inch)
Cut-Out Dimensions: (H x W)
387 mm x 234 mm
(15 1/4 inch x 9 3/16 inch)
(3 7/8 inch)
+3db / 0dB / -3dB High frequency level switch
6 position Tri-Grip dog fixings
Gold plated ‘push’ type terminals
Mineral filled ABS plastic
(UL94/V0 rated, RoHS compliant)
3.08 Kg (6.8 lb)
Add a review
Monitor Audio Facebook and Twitter pages have been created specifically for USA and Canada
David Susilo writes a fantastic review on Monitor Audio's full-size luxury in-wall speaker...
"This is a 2-way with both power and control, and without exaggeration, sounds life-like."