While retaining the compact dimensions of its BR1 predecessor, this reference compact monitor delivers superior bandwidth and improved linearity, so you hear more music with greater definition than ever before. Consisting of a single 5.5" MMP® II bass driver and 1" C-CAM® tweeter within a system optimised for genuine fidelity wherever you place it in the home.
- 5.5” MMP®II bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- Rear ported
- Black Oak or Walnut pearlescent vinyl finishes
- Modelled on the hugely successful, award-winning Bronze Reference Series
- Re-tuned, optimising every detail to re-define our meaning of entry-level
- Equipped to compete with many more expensive offerings from rival brands and capable of jaw-dropping audio resolution in two-channel and multi-channel systems.
55Hz - 30kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Bass reflex - Rear ported
Drive Unit Compliment
1 x 5.5" MMP®II bass/mid-range 1 x 1" gold dome C-CAM® Tweeter
External Dimensions incl Plinth (H x W x D)
260 x 165 x 180 mm (10 1/4 x 6 1/2 x 7 1/16 inch)
3.5 Kg (7.7 lbs)
MR Series 5.1 System Review
"The polished look of the black oak vinyl suits a variety of décor and is easy to clean."
"The MR1 bookshelf speaker is attractive in appearance and size. It has a solid feel because of its rigid cabinet bracing and it looks just as good, with the grills on or off, as its larger siblings."
"In Tori Amos’ ‘Past the Mission’ on the “Under the Pink” album, her vocal clarity was convincingly good – in fact much better than I would expect from a speaker at this price point."
"The MR4 speakers had no difficulties turning my room into a concert hall and delivered the appropriate reverberation and liveliness of the great musicians on stage."
"The MRW10 subwoofer blended very well with the mains and did not disappoint. Where the MR4 and MR1 rolled off, the MRW-10 took over seamlessly. The subwoofer, seemingly endless in output in moderate sized rooms, seemed to transform the MR4 into an entirely different speaker."
"I can honestly say that this system would beat most speakers that you’d find in a big box store, even those sold at significantly higher price points. These speakers are particularly well suited for movie and surround music discs, and come with a subwoofer that’s tight without much overhang or distortion."
"When good appearances and sound come together as one in an affordable package - everyone wins!"
The very best speaker my working space has ever had, the detail is so very 'Monitor Audio' .
Control and deliver, its like a floorstander on your desk space.
Add a review
You might also like
- Dedicated centre channel speaker
- 5.5” MMP®II bass/mid drivers
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Sealed cabinet
- Choice of pearlescent wood vinyl finishes
- 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- 4” MMP®II bass driver
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Push type terminals
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- 2-Way bookshelf speaker
- 5.5” C-CAM® bass/mid driver
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Magnetic grille fixing
A very busy and very productive show for Kevro and Monitor Audio...
What to expect from the upcoming show in January 2017...
The Gold 300 has been included in The Absolute Sound's 2017 Buyer's Guide for Floorstanding Loudspeakers.