The MR Centre will perform brilliantly as a centre and surround speaker, underpinned by the MRW-10 subwoofer. Its system of twin 5.5” MMP® II drivers and 1” C-CAM® tweeter matches perfectly with the system architecture of other MR series speakers for pin-point imaging at any location.
- 5.5” MMP®II bass/mid drivers
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Sealed cabinet
- Modelled on the hugely successful, award-winning Bronze Reference Series
- Re-tuned, optimising every detail to re-define our meaning of entry-level
- Equipped to compete with many more expensive offerings from rival brands and capable of jaw-dropping audio resolution in two-channel and multi-channel systems.
60Hz - 30kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (RMS)
Bass reflex. Ported front and rear.
Drive Unit Compliment
2 x 5.5" MMP®II bass mid-range
1 x 1" gold dome C-CAM® Tweeter
External Dimensions incl Plinth (H x W x D)
165 x 460 x 165 mm (6 1/2 x 18 1/8 x 6 1/2 inch)
6.2 Kg (13.6 lbs)
MR Series 5.1 System Review
"The polished look of the black oak vinyl suits a variety of décor and is easy to clean."
"The MR1 bookshelf speaker is attractive in appearance and size. It has a solid feel because of its rigid cabinet bracing and it looks just as good, with the grills on or off, as its larger siblings."
"In Tori Amos’ ‘Past the Mission’ on the “Under the Pink” album, her vocal clarity was convincingly good – in fact much better than I would expect from a speaker at this price point."
"The MR4 speakers had no difficulties turning my room into a concert hall and delivered the appropriate reverberation and liveliness of the great musicians on stage."
"The MRW10 subwoofer blended very well with the mains and did not disappoint. Where the MR4 and MR1 rolled off, the MRW-10 took over seamlessly. The subwoofer, seemingly endless in output in moderate sized rooms, seemed to transform the MR4 into an entirely different speaker."
"I can honestly say that this system would beat most speakers that you’d find in a big box store, even those sold at significantly higher price points. These speakers are particularly well suited for movie and surround music discs, and come with a subwoofer that’s tight without much overhang or distortion."
"When good appearances and sound come together as one in an affordable package - everyone wins!"
Add a review
You might also like
- Compact Subwoofer
- 10” MMP®II driver
- Choice of pearlescent wood vinyl finishes
- Modelled on our successful Bronze BR range
- 4” bass midrange driver featuring C-CAM® cone technology.
- Specially developed 1” C-CAM tweeter design featuring unique venting and rear loading chamber – low resonance design to provide clean, pure sound.
- Damped polymer moulded cabinet with internal ribbing.
- The curved shape helps to eliminate un-wanted standing waves.
- Single point fixing (1/4” UNC) for universal wall bracket installation (not provided).
- Concealed, discreet cable termination inside end cap using binding post type connection.
- 2-Way Centre Channel
- 5 1/2” C-CAM® bass/mid drivers
- 1” C-CAM gold dome tweeter
- HiVe®II port technology
- Choice of high quality vinyl wood finishes
- Magnetic grille fixing
Take a closer look at Monitor Audio's all-weather speaker ranges...
SoundStage! Ultra gives the PL300 II a fantastic review and award...
"...a truly outstanding performance..." says Ed Selley of AVForums.com