Monitor Audio’s compact MASS home cinema system. Its sculpted space-efficient design, packed with technology and easy-installation features, offers jaw-dropping audio dynamics with décor-friendly styling, making the introduction of home cinema sound into any living space a simpler and more satisfying experience.
- 4” bass midrange driver featuring C-CAM® cone technology.
- Specially developed 1” C-CAM tweeter design featuring unique venting and rear loading chamber – low resonance design to provide clean, pure sound.
- Damped polymer moulded cabinet with internal ribbing.
- The curved shape helps to eliminate un-wanted standing waves.
- Single point fixing (1/4” UNC) for universal wall bracket installation (not provided).
- Concealed, discreet cable termination inside end cap using binding post type connection.
- Single bolt through driver and bracing system, for increased overall bracing and rigidity.
- Single rear mounted port featuring HiVe® technology for clean, powerful, punchy bass.
- Black cloth finish with contrasting solid aluminium end caps.
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
- 10” flat ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator)
- 220watt class-D power amplifier
- DSP providing accurate filter characteristics
- Advanced limiters designed to ensure the W200 never loses control.
- 3 x pre-set bass modes (Music, Movie, Impact)
- 12V trigger input – ensures W200 switches on and off with other equipment.
- Heavy duty MDF construction
"It sounds bigger than it actually is."
AV Forums tried Mass out, and asked "Can this unusually styled set of speakers take the fight to the category champions?"
Well, with a shiny 'AV Forums Recommended' award, it would appear that MASS certainly can! "MASS manages the most important achievement of any sub/sat system - it sounds bigger than it actually is."
"The use of identical satellites means that the handover from speaker to speaker is seamless and this further aids the sense of being in the thick of the action. The reproduction of fine detail is extremely convincing and like its larger brethren, the MASS achieves this without needing to drive the bolts out of it - although you can push it fairly hard without it hardening up."
5 Stars for Mass from BBC Music Magazine
"The power produced by the diminutive satellite speakers is nothing short of breathtaking-this level of sound seems to have no business emanating from a system of this size...This is, pound for pound, one of the finest 5.1 systems I have across and one that is equally at home with music as it is with full movie surround."
Sound & Vision Magazine: MASS Test Report
Sound & Vision magazine has examined Monitor Audio's own MASS 5.1 speaker package in a detailed Test Report. Esteemed reviewer Al Griffin gave his opinion of the system:
"Monitor Audio has distilled the know-how that informs its higher-end speaker lines into a compact speaker package aimed at home theater newbies, I can't help but envy them."
"With MASS, not only will they get a full 5.1 system at an affordable price, but...the experience is sure to exceed their expectations"
Read the full review in the September 2013 issue of Sound & Vision magazine.
MASS Review in Home Cinema Choice Magazine
Mark Craven, editor of Home Cinema Choice magazine, is not one to hand over awards lightly. He’s seduced however by the MASS package: perfectly formed and priced, and complete with a mule’s kick in the bass department. He says “put into action with film soundtracks, the MASS system simply shines…the sound is crisp, detailed and utterly immersive. Overall, Monitor Audio’s newest product lineup is the perfect partner for a mid-range AVR in a living room cinema setup. Everything from the build quality and design to movie and (sub assisted) music performance impresses.”
Read the full review in Home Cinema Choice magazine issue 217.
Small system, big sound, massive achievement.
It shouldn’t be possible for such room-filling sound to come from so space-friendly a system – yet it does! The experts at What Hi-Fi? have experienced a few unlikely outcomes in their time, but nothing as downright astonishing as the performance of our latest miracle of precision engineering: the highly bijou MASS AV system. And they’ve taken it to their hearts, awarding it five stars and price-class winner at this year’s What Hi-Fi? Awards. The team says:
'What struck us immediately was the sense of scale and power - for such petite speakers, we were blown away by the big and confident output of sound. And they’re certainly capable of filling a decent-sized room as well; our testing rooms were engulfed in seamless, controlled soaring dynamics.'
Ramesh M V
A great product. Ultimate sound quality. The Sub W200 is the masterpiece. At half its capacity from the living, the effect is so good that it vibrates the doors of the study room and the entrance to the extent that my daughter wants me to reduce. Having said that... the sound quality is so perfect.
The 5 Monitor speakers are so cute and trendy. Adds value and power to the Living Room ambience.
For the price we paid, it is the best buy one could ever imagine. No other brand boasting of 'ultimate sound quality' is anywhere near Monitor, in my humble opinion.
"Must buy" for any one with an ear for Pro-Audio.
Add a review
You might also like
- Dedicated stand for MASS 10
- Integrated cable management
- Fully active, high performance soundbar system
- 5 discrete power amplifier stages - fully digital amp technology (class D)
- 160 watts total power delivery
- Wireless Airplay/ DLNA / UPnP music streaming
- Proprietary 3D spatial effects, consistent in quality irrespective of environment
- Digital coaxial input (S/PDIF)
- Superb Compact AV Package
- 4 x Radius 90 speakers
- 1 x Radius 200 centre
- 1 x Radius 390 subwoofer
- Walnut real wood veneer or high gloss black or white lacquer
Take a closer look at Monitor Audio's all-weather speaker ranges...
SoundStage! Ultra gives the PL300 II a fantastic review and award...
"...a truly outstanding performance..." says Ed Selley of AVForums.com