The IWS-10 subwoofer driver employs an extraordinarily rigid, flat 10” surface of 10mm (3/8”) RDT® material derived from Monitor audio’s acclaimed ‘Platinum’ series of high-end speakers. Rigid Diaphragm Technology is a sandwich of C-CAM® alloy, bonded to a honeycomb Nomex core. The resulting properties of low mass and great strength give the driver the ability to behave as an extremely agile piston, resistant to bending, light enough to deliver an accurate bass response through large excursions, even within a shallow 81mm profile. A large vented pole helps to move air quickly, reducing power compression and heat dissipation.
Consequently the IWS-10 is specified to generate excellent bass quality from wall, ceiling, even floor locations, providing a wide range of new and retrofit possibilities ideally but not exclusively with its IWB-10 back box. It features Monitor Audio’s patented Tri-Grip® clamping system which is easier to install and provides three times the surface area of a conventional dog-leg type clamp for better overall surface sealing. The IWS-10’s trim-less grille and frame edge are paintable to blend discreetly with décor. When used with the IWB-10 back box, the IWS-10 will return optimum ‘controlled’ performance.
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket
- Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat ‘sandwich’ cone technology
- High quality gold plated ‘push’ type terminal – for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance
- 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former –Improves convection cooling effects
- +/- 10mm of excursion – results in controlled bass at low frequencies and delivers high SPL
- Patented Tri-Grip fixing system
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
28 Hz – 120 Hz
(when mounted in optimum enclosure)
Maximum SPL (Partnered with IWA-250)
Single unit 109.8 dB; Pair 115.8 dB
Cut-Out Hole Dimensions
280 x 280 mm
(11 x 11 inches)
(3 1/2 inches)
4 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings
Gold plated "push" type terminals
Mineral Filled ABS Plastic
Dimensions (H x W x D)
25.6 x 432 x 243 mm
11/8 x 17 x 99/16 Inches
A "True Audiophile Performance" for Residential Systems
To get excellent sound for your home theater and musical needs, you need not always turn to box speakers. Some consumers prefer the in-ceiling / in-wall option for a more discreet look, and Monitor Audio offers a collection of speakers for that solution.
John Sciacca of Residential Systems reviewed Monitor Audio's CP (Controlled Performance) Trimless series, as well as the In-Wall Subwoofer system to find out if Monitor Audio's in-ceiling and in-wall solutions were as great sounding as they were discreet. This definitely proved to be true, as John states, "In the age-old choice between aesthetics and performance, Monitor Audio's Controlled Performance Series proves listeners can have both."
"...they excelled in producing great detail and had a nice wide dispersion that did an admirable job of filling the room with sound."
"Sonically, these are moving into the land of true bookshelf replacement, with rich audio that has plenty of depth and detail, as well as SPL."
"How good did the 380s sound? I had them in my showroom leaning against some tower speakers with built subs and playing some music, and a customer listened for a while and then said, 'Wow! Those tower speakers really sound great. Who makes those?'"
"The IWA-250 amp provides enough control to blend the sub's bass to match the speaker, room, and listening preference."
"...it definitely produces those lowest octaves in music, giving extra weight and presence to the sound."
Add a review
You might also like
- Designed to provide optimum performance for IWS-10
- Fits into standard 14” stud bays (16” centres)
- Heavy duty MDF construction
- Rugged laminated vinyl finish
- Pre-wired with external high quality push type terminals
- Rigid, high quality steel case
- Switch mode power supply
- Class D power amplifier delivering up to 250watts into 4ohms (dual IWS-10 drivers)
- High efficiency design resulting in cool running – low thermal output
- DSP controlled with advanced limiters
- <0.5watt standby power consumption (ErP certified)
- 18mm MDF cabinet construction with internal bracing
- Cool-running 220W Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Low pass filter switch – for LFE or Stereo input selection
- Power switch with ON – Auto- Off/ trigger settings
- Stereo/ LFE RCA inputs