The third component in the in-wall subwoofer system is the IWA-250 switch mode amplifier: a slim, powerful dedicated design in a heavy-duty 1U rack mount case. Delivering up to 250 watts into 4 ohms, a single IWA-250 will power single or dual IWS-10s to provide higher power levels for larger rooms or to meet customer demands. The IWA-250 can be configured to switch on automatically using input signal sensing, or by using the preferred 12v trigger link from an AVR or system source. The IWA-250 will then automatically be switched on and off with the AVR, TV or system remote control handset.
The amplifier utilises a cool running Class D power stage driven by a PWM supply with integrated DSP. Filtering and functionality are controlled in the software for precise and reliable operation. The IWA-250 offers a choice of single LFE, balanced XLR and stereo RCA inputs. Output connection is made via two sets of push type terminals to provide connection to one or a pair of IWS-10 drivers. The front panel allows access to all control features for easy adjustment when fitted into a rack bay. An EQ switch offers a selection of music, movie and impact presets for the ideal response in-room. There is also an enclosure switch to calibrate the drive characteristics when the IWS-10 is used within or without the IWB-10 back box.
- Rigid, high quality steel case
- Switch mode power supply
- Class D power amplifier delivering up to 250watts into 4ohms (dual IWS-10 drivers)
- High efficiency design resulting in cool running – low thermal output
- DSP controlled with advanced limiters
- <0.5watt standby power consumption (ErP certified)
- DC short circuit protection, over-current and thermal protection
3mm thick fabricated steel case, moulded ABS front trim panel
Low Frequency Response:
25 Hz-120 Hz
Maximum Power Output
250 W @ 4 Ohms
A "True Audiophile Performance" for Residential Systems
To get excellent sound for your home theater and musical needs, you need not always turn to box speakers. Some consumers prefer the in-ceiling / in-wall option for a more discreet look, and Monitor Audio offers a collection of speakers for that solution.
John Sciacca of Residential Systems reviewed Monitor Audio's CP (Controlled Performance) Trimless series, as well as the In-Wall Subwoofer system to find out if Monitor Audio's in-ceiling and in-wall solutions were as great sounding as they were discreet. This definitely proved to be true, as John states, "In the age-old choice between aesthetics and performance, Monitor Audio's Controlled Performance Series proves listeners can have both."
"...they excelled in producing great detail and had a nice wide dispersion that did an admirable job of filling the room with sound."
"Sonically, these are moving into the land of true bookshelf replacement, with rich audio that has plenty of depth and detail, as well as SPL."
"How good did the 380s sound? I had them in my showroom leaning against some tower speakers with built subs and playing some music, and a customer listened for a while and then said, 'Wow! Those tower speakers really sound great. Who makes those?'"
"The IWA-250 amp provides enough control to blend the sub's bass to match the speaker, room, and listening preference."
"...it definitely produces those lowest octaves in music, giving extra weight and presence to the sound."
Add a review
You might also like
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket
- Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat ‘sandwich’ cone technology
- High quality gold plated ‘push’ type terminal – for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance
- 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former –Improves convection cooling effects
- Designed to provide optimum performance for IWS-10
- Fits into standard 14” stud bays (16” centres)
- Heavy duty MDF construction
- Rugged laminated vinyl finish
- Pre-wired with external high quality push type terminals
- 18mm MDF cabinet construction with internal bracing
- Cool-running 220W Class D amplifier with switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Twin side-firing 10” C-CAM® drivers - one active and one passive ABR
- Low pass filter switch – for LFE or Stereo input selection
- Power switch with ON – Auto- Off/ trigger settings
- Stereo/ LFE RCA inputs
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...
What Hi-Fi? includes Monitor Audio's Bronze 2 in their top 8 Best Budget Hi-Fi Speaker roundup...