Amazing as it may seem, the Gold FX's slim wall-hugging profile incorporates no fewer than six drivers. In monopole mode for discrete side or rear sound channels its front-firing 6 ½" RST® bass/mid-driver and C-CAM® ribbon transducer deliver accurate ultra-wideband sound to match the tonal balance of any 'Gold' speaker combination. In dipole mode the Gold FX uses two pairs of side firing 4" C-CAM bass/mid drivers and 25mm C-CAM gold-dome tweeters, combined with the tailored output from the front-firing bass/mid driver to provide wonderfully diffuse yet tonally precise surround effects. The Gold FX can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls. Installation is made easy by the inclusion of a 'sloppy fit' wall bracket, which allows levelling and adjustment prior to fixing.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- New C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) drivers
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration.
60 Hz - 60 kHz
Nominal Impedance (ohms)
Maximum S.P.L (dBA)
Power Handling - R.M.S. (W)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W)
50 - 100
Bi-Pole: 2.3 kHz
Di-Pole: 2.6 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 61/2" RST® bass driver
2 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® H.F ribbon transducer
2 x 1" gold dome C-CAM Tweeter
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD)
310 x 390 x 160 mm
(1213/16 x 153/8 x 65/16 inch)
Complete Dimensions Inc Terminals (HxWxD)
310 x 390 x 168 mm
(1213/16 x 153/8 x 65/8 inch)
11.9kg (26lb 2oz)
Gold 5.1 is a stunner!
October’s edition of Home Cinema Choice hosts a stunning review debut for the Gold 300AV 5.1 system. Awarding a Best Buy (rare at the price level) and five glorious stars in every category: Performance, Design, Features and Overall, the magazine’s home theatre doyen Adam Rayner concludes “So, the Gold 300AV costs plenty but offers enormity. It has the might and it has clarity. It can play sweet and linear at low levels or it can frighten the neighbours’ neighbours. The sheer bandwidth on tap is amazing and in truth, after admiring the design and finish and a little experimentation with the sub’s EQ settings, you’ll rapidly forget about the enclosures. The sound is immediately engaging, grasping you by the senses and dragging you into a movie with ease. With the Gold 300AV you get delicious performance in every direction. You could pay more and get less. Best buy, easy.”
Read the full review here or in the October 2015 issue of Home Cinema Choice.
Add a review
"This was captivating, even highly addictive listening!" - Julie Mullins, TAS, Dec. 2016
A closer look at Monitor Audio's tiny in-ceiling powerhouse speaker...
Two Shows... Two Countries... One Big Success