Standing at over a metre tall the Gold 300 is a majestic three-way floor-standing loudspeaker comprising twin 6.5" bass drivers, a single 4" mid-range driver and a high frequency ribbon transducer. With such an impressive complement of drivers, the Gold 300 has the power delivery and scale required to fill the largest rooms with jaw-dropping dynamics as well as the finest musical detail. Extending from below 30Hz to over 60kHz, its frequency range is among the widest available from any speaker, regardless of price.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- HiVe®II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- New C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
30 Hz - 60 kHz
Nominal Impedance (ohms)
Maximum S.P.L (dBA)
Power Handling - R.M.S. (W)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W)
100 - 200
Bass reflex - HiVe®II port system
L.F - M.F: 790 Hz
M.F - H.F: 2.3 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 6.5" RST® bass driver
1 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® H.F ribbon transducer
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD)
1060 x 210 x 330 mm
(413/4 x 81/4 x 13 inch)
Complete Dimensions Inc Terminals, Plinths & Spikes (HxWxD)
1105 x 317 x 370
(431/2 x 121/2 x 149/16)
27.2kg (59lb 14oz)
Gold 300 - Style Meets Substance
"...highly recommended for a long look and listen", says Julie Mullins from The Absolute Sound about the pair of Gold 300s she reviewed. Impressed with both their style and sound, she calls the Gold 300 a "strikingly handsome speaker" with "stellar sonic capabilities". More great quotes from the review are below...
"Every detail of his gravelly diction came nearly as alive as if he were in the room. Fiddle and acoustic guitar, too, were reproduced with noteworthy naturalness."
"Soundstaging displayed reasonable depth and dimensionality, while bass lines resonated with respectable definition and without chuffing or noticeable overhang."
"...quite well balanced, pretty clean, and relatively neutral. Midrange proved to be a strong suit as well."
"...the Gold 300 was consistently balanced, rich, and full—and always sounded musical."
"...the Monitor Audio Gold 300 represents a special breed of loudspeaker that successfully combines style with substance..."
Gold 5.1 is a stunner!
October’s edition of Home Cinema Choice hosts a stunning review debut for the Gold 300AV 5.1 system. Awarding a Best Buy (rare at the price level) and five glorious stars in every category: Performance, Design, Features and Overall, the magazine’s home theatre doyen Adam Rayner concludes “So, the Gold 300AV costs plenty but offers enormity. It has the might and it has clarity. It can play sweet and linear at low levels or it can frighten the neighbours’ neighbours. The sheer bandwidth on tap is amazing and in truth, after admiring the design and finish and a little experimentation with the sub’s EQ settings, you’ll rapidly forget about the enclosures. The sound is immediately engaging, grasping you by the senses and dragging you into a movie with ease. With the Gold 300AV you get delicious performance in every direction. You could pay more and get less. Best buy, easy.”
Read the full review here or in the October 2015 issue of Home Cinema Choice.
Gold 300 - 'An Audiophile Bargain'!
Monitor Audio's Gold 300 has wowed esteemed reviewer John Bamford in another brilliant feature. Marvelling at the technology and premium finish, John awarded our floorstanding speaker the Hi-Fi News Outstanding Product badge!
"Priced considerably less than a king's ransom, this classy floorstander commands attention to the music, sounding open-mouthed and extended over an unusually wide frequency range."
"It served up a masterpiece of phrasing, harmony and rhythm."
Read the full review here or in the October 2015 issue of Hi-Fi News.
Add a review
You might also like
- Luxurious 3 Way Centre channel
- Updated Twin 6 1/2” RST® C-CAM® bass drivers
- Updated 4” RST C-CAM mid drivers
- New magnetically-fixed ‘floating’ cloth grille
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel
- Single Ported HiVe® II technology
- Sealed Mid-range TLE®
- 2 x 6.5” long-throw RDT® bass drivers
- 1 x 4” RDT® mid-range driver
- 1 x C-CAM® high frequency ribbon transducer
- All cabinet finishes have hand-upholstered front baffles in Ingleston Black premium grade leather.
The Bronze 5.1 system wins prestigious EISA Award for BEST VALUE HT SPEAKER SYSTEM 2016-2017!
"...the Monitor Audio Gold 300s are highly recommended for a long look and listen."
Monitor Audio Facebook and Twitter pages have been created specifically for USA and Canada