Gold 200, the first of new Gold's floor-standers is also the most compact. Amazing scale and impressive dynamic control are available from this slender three-way design, comprising the improved pair matched ribbon, twin 5.5" bass drivers and a 4" mid-range driver, which is housed in a dedicated enclosure. With high overall efficiency, wide bandwidth and vanishingly low distortion, the Gold 200's Platinum DNA is ready to be experienced.
- C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
- HiVe®II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass
- C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) drivers
- Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
- Pureflow® silver internal cabling
- Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
- Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet colouration
- Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
35 Hz - 60 kHz
Nominal Impedance (ohms)
Maximum S.P.L (dBA)
Power Handling - R.M.S. (W)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W)
100 - 150
Bass reflex - HiVe®II port system
L.F - M.F: 400 Hz
M.F - H.F: 2.6 kHz
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 5.5" RST® bass driver
1 x 4" RST mid-range driver
1 x C-CAM® H.F ribbon transducer
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD)
951 x 170 x 300 mm
(377/16 x 611/16 x 1113/16 inch)
Complete Dimensions Inc Terminals, Plinths & Spikes (HxWxD)
995 x 274 x 370
(393/16 x 1013/16 x 149/16)
22.2kg (48lb 14oz)
Gold 200 - "A British Victory"
As someone who has followed Monitor Audio for 30 years, Colin Smith of SoundStage! Access was eager to review the new Gold 200s. After listening to them, Smith gave much positive feedback, and even states, "Monitor Audio continues the great British tradition of producing solid loudspeakers, and I'm satisfied that the positive impression Monitor left me with so long ago is as valid as ever."
"...the quality of sound that most struck me was the amount of solid, deep, distortion-free bass produced by two pairs of 5.5" woofers in relatively small cabinets."
"It was satisfying to watch the woofers take the punishment I dished out without looking as if they wanted to pop free of the cabinets. The Gold 200 is one tough speaker."
"Their ribbon tweeters worked pure magic..."
"Pitting the Monitor Gold 200s' ribbon tweeters against the aluminum-dome tweeters of my Definitive Technology Mythos STs ($3998/pr) struck me as bringing a gun to a knife fight."
"Compared to the Gold 200s, my Mythos STs had a much smaller sound. This surprised the heck out of me — never before had I found my references' soundstage wanting."
"Bass definition was a British victory, the Gold 200s' punchy, advanced-design woofers doing a better job of keeping up with whatever bass I threw at them."
"Monitor Audio's Gold 200 is a well-made, attractively styled, thoroughly modern loudspeaker that would look and sound great in most settings."
Gold 200: Hi-Fi Choice Recommended - "A most impressive sound..."
Monitor Audio's Gold 200 is Hi-Fi Choice Recommended! David Price calls the Gold 200 "an extremely able loudspeaker with great depth of engineering", and says the Gold 200 makes great music thanks to clever use of materials.
"The cabinet is a work of art."
"I cue up the title track to be greeted with a most impressive sound — snappy, spacious, fast and open, I am also rather taken with the bass."
"...a wonderfully detailed midband and treble, which seamlessly blends in with its fairly light but well extended bass."
"The tweeter is a work of art and never sears or grates."
"...a lively and sparkling sound. The cymbals on 'Night Nurse' are sweet, smooth and delicate yet have a realistic bite; by contrast some similarly priced rivals can sound splashy and coarse."
"...a vivid, seat-of-the-sofa listening experience. I find myself really being pulled into this immersive track."
"It uses excellent drive units from bottom to top, and these integrate brilliantly to produce a realistic and enjoyable musical sound."
"Exemplary" Gold 200 sets a new standard for TED Magazine!
The team at French tech publication TED Magazine have been left in awe of our Gold 200 floorstanding speaker!
"I knew the GX50 and their impressive bass performance very well, and I was expecting an even more percussive result with the Gold 200, I was not deceived!"
Remarking on the scale and quality of sound reproduction, they were left amazed by the Gold 200's capabilities as it tackled a selection of music and film genres with ease.
"the impact and the depth of the bass are of of a level of quality rarely heard on speakers with such a small foot print"
"The voice reproduction is incredibly precise and three dimensional, the piano, the saxophone and the percussion are fantastic. The panorama of the two Golds extends across the entire front wall of my room, even if there's only two. I have to open my eyes to place them physically."
Add a review
You might also like
- 1 x 6.5” RDT® Bass/mid-range driver
- 1 x C-CAM® high frequency ribbon transducer
- Ported. HiVe® II technology
- All cabinet finishes have hand-upholstered front baffles in Ingleston Black premium grade leather.
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood veneer with clear gloss piano lacquerEbony veneer with clear gloss piano lacquerPiano black gloss
- Optional dedicated floor stands are available
- Luxury 15” C-CAM® subwoofer
- Switch mode power supply
- Powerful 650Watt DSP amplifier
- 12V trigger
- 4 x Remote EQ Settings
- Front mounted Control panel
- Luxuriously finished 3-Way floorstander
- Updated Twin 6 1/2” RST® C-CAM® bass drivers
- Updated 4” RST C-CAM midrange driver
- New magnetically-fixed ‘floating’ cloth grille
- C-CAM ribbon transducer
- HiVe®II port technology
"This was captivating, even highly addictive listening!" - Julie Mullins, TAS, Dec. 2016
A closer look at Monitor Audio's tiny in-ceiling powerhouse speaker...
Two Shows... Two Countries... One Big Success