The two-way WT250-LCR in-wall model with 5-inch drivers features Monitor Audio's advanced C-CAM® cones coupled with a pivoting version of our acclaimed C-CAM® gold dome tweeter. Benefitting from recent design refinements and with 15 degrees of play in all directions, the tweeter's higher resolution output can be directed for ideal imaging and reduced in-room reflections. Between the drivers, a simple crossover design of high-grade audiophile components ensures a smooth transition from dynamic rhythmic lows to finely detailed highs, completing a naturally clean and wide response. By virtue of their rectangular shape, the WT in-wall models can be used vertically in portrait style or horizontally: the ideal aspect for centre-channel applications in discreet CWT-inspired home theatre systems. This model also provides high frequency level adjustment for super-fine audio tuning in acoustically bright or damped rooms.
For the finishing touch, Trimless grilles are held in place magnetically by high power neodymium magnets. All CWT grilles are paintable, additional scrim material is provided.
All CWT models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of loose building materials or dust into the driver and crossover network.
- Versatile - designed to fit horizontally or vertically between standard wall studs for consistent performance when used around the room in multi-channel surround applications
- Ultra-compact - small speaker, big performance
- Dual 5” drivers in a D’Appolito array provide high power handling and high efficiency
- High frequency level adjustment for localised fine-tuning
- Trimless design – unobtrusive frame and low profile grille for discreet installation
- Super-slim - all models have a mounting depth of less than 10cm (4”) for easy installation in many more locations
- Tri-Grip fixing® – for easy, secure installation
- C-CAM® – Monitor Audio’s distinctive and renowned gold dome tweeter with up to 15 degrees of pivot in all directions
- Magnetic grille fixing - grilles are held in place by ultra-powerful Neodymium magnets for easy installation and servicing
- Paintable grilles allow for seamless integration with décor. Additional scrim material is provided
- All models feature dust protection covers
- Dedicated pre-construction (rough-in kits) brackets available.
60Hz - 30kHz
Maximum SPL (single unit in free space)
Power Handling (R.M.S)
Recommended Amp Requirements
30 - 100 W
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 5" C-CAM® cone bass driver.
1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® pivoting gold dome tweeter
+3dB / 0dB / -3dB High frequency level switch
Overall Frame Dimensions
165.8 x 373.6mm (6 1/2 x 14 3/4") - without grille
177.4 x 385.2mm (7 x 15 3/16”) - with grille
Cut-out Hole Dimensions
Minimum 145 x 353mm (5 3/4" x 13 7/8")
Tri-Grip® dog fixings
Gold plated 'push' type terminals
Mineral filled ABS (UL94-V0 rated, RoHS compliant)
Add a review
You might also like
- Rigid Die-cast chassis/basket
- Large vented pole design to reduce power compression, lower distortion and improved power handling
- High tech RDT flat ‘sandwich’ cone technology
- High quality gold plated ‘push’ type terminal – for easy installation
- 8 ohm impedance
- 50mm diameter voice coil with black anodised former –Improves convection cooling effects
- 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- 8” MMP®II bass driver
- 1” C-CAM® gold dome pivoting tweeter
- Tri-Grip® fixing system
- Push type terminals
- Trim-less, low profile, paintable grille
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Comes complete with a dedicated wall bracket.
Silver 6G has hit the ground running, receiving two 5-STAR reviews in a single month from What Hi-Fi?
What Hi-Fi? gives the new Silver 200 speakers a 5 star review...
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...