The Apex A10AV12 system comprises of four Apex 10 satellites, an Apex 40 centre channel speaker and an Apex AW12 subwoofer. The twice named 'Best Style Speaker Package' at the What Hi-Fi? Awards, Apex delivers high quality audio with designer appeal.
- 5.5" C-CAM Drivers
- A10: HiVe® II High Velocity reflex port
- A10: Magnetic Grilles; for the sleekest effect there are no visible fixings
- A40: 8" C-CAM Driver with RST dimpled cone geometry for rigidity
- A40: Can be used vertically or horizontally, as a centre or surround channel
- AW12: 12v trigger input allows for auto-activation when using a compatible A/V receiver or processor
- AW12: Top-mounted control of volume and EQ are designed for easy setup and adjustment
- AW12: High efficiency switch mode power supply
Apex earns the "Trusted Reviews Recommended" title
Reviewer Danny Phillips tests the Apex 10 AW12 package, awarding it the Trusted Reviews Recommended title and an overwhelmingly positive review:
"You certainly get a lot of speaker for your money, but it’s the shape and styling that’ll really leave your jaw hanging."
What Hi-Fi? Award Winner 2011
Best style speaker package £2000+, Awards 2011. An expensive style system, to be sure, but also a fabulous one.
Apex has the pecs
"...High-frequencies are smooth as silk, speech couldn't be clearer if the actors were in the room and the rear soundstage is willfully expansive. And with music, this system nailed the emotion and energy of any recording I threw at it. Clean, full bodied vocals, metronomic timing and wonderful detail reproduction make for a spine-tingling listen and reveal it to be a fantastic all-rounder."
BEST STYLE SPEAKER PACKAGE £2000+
"You certainly can't buy a better made, better finished or (to our eyes, at least) better looking package at the price."
The holy grail of style speaker systems
"It offers the sort of powerful, insightful audiophile sound that you don’t automatically associate with satellite speakers, a result of the astonishing build quality and clever technology that lies within each unit."
Monitor Audio raises the style bar
"It's muscular when called upon, but articulate and beautifully integrated too, with little audible sign of the crossover from speakers to subwoofer."
Add a review
You might also like
- Dedicated Stand for the A10
- Internally wired
- Die-cast aluminium plinth
- Extruded Aluminium support
- Secure, stable and stylish
- White or Black finishes
- Quick and easy installation.
- Slender 87mm (3.5") cabinet depth.
- Choice of luxury black or white lacquer frames or primed white for custom colours.
- Bespoke grille cloth design option.
- Two models: 'centre' type and front/surround type.
- Full range true 3-way configuration: pivoting IDC® 100mm mid-range/25mm tweeter module, 6.5-inch C-CAM® bass driver with RST® cone for a super-fast life-like response.
- Silver Series AV system
- 2 x Silver 6
- 1 x Silver Centre
- 2 x Silver FX
- 1 x Silver W12
CE Pro takes a closer look at a recent smart home install by 'Home Concepts' from Calgary, Alberta...
What Hi-Fi? includes Monitor Audio's Bronze 2 in their top 8 Best Budget Hi-Fi Speaker roundup...
New Silver Series 6G Introduced...