The new Airstream S200 Wi-Fi speaker concentrates state-of-the-art functionality, advanced digital processing and powerful amplification within a diminutive speaker design, smaller than the average one-box system but endowed with the latest tech to generate a deceptively big stereo sound from every conceivable audio source. With a footprint barely bigger than a DVD, the curvaceous S200 proves that genuinely engaging audio quality and lifestyle design are, in fact, beautifully compatible. Connect with extraordinary entertainment, wire-free and so living-friendly.
- Multi-Zone wireless stereo speaker system
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX® – Simple high performance ‘CD like quality’ Bluetooth audio playback from compatible mobile devices
- Apple AirPlay® – stream music content from iOS devices, PC or Mac
- Airstream Direct – stream music directly to S200 without the need for a Wi-Fi router
- USB input for charging, music playback, Wi-Fi set up and sharing (Apple iOS)
- High resolution DAC
- Advanced DSP with in-house designed algorithms and audio tuning
- 65 Watts of total power amplification
- Firmware upgrades over internet via Wi-Fi
- 3.5mm auxiliary input jack for TV, radio or other portable devices
- ¼” UNC (20tpi) threaded insert for wall mounting with Monitor Audio’s universal wall bracket
- Robust, high quality construction in white or black finishes.
80Hz - 25kHz
Maximum SPL (each @ 1M)
101dBA (both channels driven 1W@1M)
Power Output (RMS)
Bass: 2 x 25 Watts
Tweeter: 15 Watts
2 x 3" bass drivers with C-CAM® metal cone technology
1" Gold C-CAM dome tweeter
'Race-track' profile ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator) rear mounted
Auxiliary Input Impedance/Sensitivity
Signal to Noise Ratio
A.C. Input Voltage
90-264V (auto range)
0.3 watts (standby); 70 watts (Maximum)
iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch (1st through 5th generation), iPod nano (2nd through 7th generation), iPod classic (2009), iPod classic (2007), iPod classic
iOS devices running iOS 4.3.3 or greater. PC or MAC running iTunes 10.2.2 or greater.
Supported File Formats
AirPlay; AAC, ALAC, MP3
Airstream; AAC, ALAC, MP3, FLAC
Wire-less Network Protocol
Charcoal Grey with black grille cloth / White with light grey grille cloth
ETL/ CE/ Fcc/CB/ Erp/ Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi WMM/ Apple MFi Certified
2.26 kg (5lb)
I initially bought a wireless / Bluetooth speaker by another very well known manufacturer, I found it had far too much base along with other personal discrepancies. After a little more research I decided to try the S200 having enjoyed Monitor Audio products in the past.
A worth while decision, beautifully made, with heaps of character from design to sound.
Absolutely fabulous customer service alround.
I purchased an S200 speaker just today and I was so impressed I felt compelled enough to leave a review so quickly.
I have been searching for and testing out various Bluetooth and Wifi speakers recently and after trying out efforts from Bose, Sonos and Bowers & Wilkins I'm excited to say the S200 blows them all out of the water.
None of the previously tested speakers wowed from the off, were all sent back and left me feeling underwhelmed and disappointed but with the S200 I was more than impressed from the get go. Bass was punchy and booming at a level that was not overbearing and didn't wash out any of the mids or highs, which were very well defined.
I am not a fan of speakers that produce a tinny treble sound and luckily this speaker made a great first impression, it produced a satisfying room filling sound.
I love the numerous connection options on offer and even though the iPhone unfortunately doesn't feature aptx support it was a welcome addition as hopefully one day it might.
I will be showing off and recommending this speaker to many friends, family and colleagues and in the future when I'm in the market for another speaker I will definitely consider purchasing another from monitor audio.
I bought this specifically because it plays FLAC via DLNA. All my music is on a NAS which is used to feed my main Naim system. I've tried in vain to find a DLNA controller (currently Bubble) that works reliably and, more importantly, will play FLAC with no gaps. There are no problems of this sort with the Naim (gaps shouldn't apply to FLAC anyway; only mp3). If I use Bubble to control my Naim system I get teh same gap problem, so the issue appears to be with Bubble. However all of the controller Apps I've used show the same problem. I'd like Monitor Audio to either recommend a DLNA controller that works well with the S200 or produce their own. Other than that, the sound is excellent and allows me to listen to music anywhere in the house as it's easy to place. Nicely built. If MA can fix the controller issue then I'll buy another one.
Purchased on basis of What Hifi review and because has Apple Airplay. Easy to set up if you read the instructions carefully. Exceptional sound quality - quite outstanding
A speaker with full streaming capabilities. For it's diminutive size it really does sound fantastic. A brilliant speaker which is worth every penny. If i was a being a little critical I wish it had a touch more bass or the option to boost it, but overall at this price I think this is pretty unbeatable. Well done Monitor Audio. This is a high quality product which I would thoroughly recommend.
Best streaming speaker with powerful and punchy sound with compact design.
Add a review
You might also like
- Easy, Active, High Performance Wire-Free Speaker System
- Plug n’ Play: no software required
- CD audio quality
- Universal: operates with PC and Mac
- Remote control of volume, play/pause, track up/down
- Robust, die-cast metal enclosure with pivoting action
- Multi-Zone wire-less stereo speaker system
- Apple Airplay® – stream music from iOS device, PC or MAC.
- Airplay direct – stream music directly to S300 without Wi-Fi router (point to point)
- USB input for charging and set up.
- Fuss-free installation
- Discrete high performance stereo sound design
- AirPlay® enabled next generation network-ready music system
- A100 Amplifier
- 2 x MASS 10 Speakers
- Power Lead, Remote, Manuals
- 2 x 2.5m Speaker Cables
The PL300 II and Silver 8 have both received Recommended Components status from Stereophile Magazine...
A closer look at the newest product offerings to join the Monitor Audio family...
AudioControl and Monitor Audio confirm alliance...